New statistics give us an update on our progress in addressing our membership challenge (as of July 1st).
- Rotary club membership was just over 1.15 million, representing a net loss of about 12,600 members;
- There are 36,860 Rotary clubs, an increase of 11 over the preceding year;
- Our retention goal is 90% and our actual rate is 87%;
- Rotary clubs are 26% women, up 1% over the past year and moving toward our goal of 30%;
- Rotaract has achieved virtual gender parity, with women as 47% of members;
- Only 76% of Rotarians report their age, but of those, 18% are 70 or older, 17% are 60-69, and 18% are 50-59;
- 8% of Rotarians are under the age of 40;
- 26% of Rotary club members are in North America, down 19% since 2014;
- 36% of Rotary club members are in Asia, up 26% since 2014.