The probability of dying is twice as high for children under age five as for children and youths ages five to 24. During December, Rotary’s Disease Prevention and Treatment Month, you, your club and your district can further Rotary’s work in the Child Health Area of Focus by:
- Supporting health education programs that explain how diseases spread and how to reduce the risk of transmission;
- Partnering with medical institutions or ministries of health to immunize people against infectious diseases;
- Supporting training and continuing education for health workers through scholarships or stipends or simply by recognizing existing training efforts;
- Improving and expanding access to affordable health care in underserved areas; and
- Finding ideas for projects and project partners on Rotary Showcase.